A clean bathroom is not only more pleasing to use but is also healthier. Dirty and grimy bathroom tiles need special cleaning care and good quality cleaning materials to ensure they last a long time and look as good as new even after years have gone by. The problem is that bathroom cleaning and maintenance is a chore that most people are not ready to perform. Fortunately, you can search “cleaning services near me” online to hire local cleaning experts that can do that tough job for you.
However, if you are up for the job yourself, here are a few tips you can follow to get your bathroom tiles to look at their very best:
- Do regular bathroom cleaning – Cleaning your bathroom tiles regularly is the best practice you can do and will save you a lot of effort and time compared to if you don’t clean them regularly. Now, that doesn’t mean you have to deep clean your bathroom every day. Simply spot-cleaning the bathroom tile for a minute or two can be enough to fulfill the minimum threshold required to keep it in good condition for a longer duration.
Of course, you have to deep clean your bathroom once in a while to ensure thorough cleaning and perform other types of cleaning every week to optimize the cleaning process too.
- Clean efficiently – If you are going to clean your bathroom tiles and other areas every day, it’s important to be efficient since these small sessions can add up to a huge time investment. The very first rule that you should remember is to always clean from top to bottom. This way, you can start cleaning from the top using cleaners and antibacterial sprays without having to worry about grime and cleaner running down onto areas that you have already cleaned.
The second tip to remember is that you need to spread the bathroom tile cleaner as evenly as possible across the grout and tile. You can use a soft cloth or a sponge to do this more effectively.
Finally, you must resist the urge to wipe the area with the cleaning solution after a while. Bathroom cleaners need a while to settle in and fight the grime accumulated on the bathroom tile. Thus, you must allow the cleaner to sit on the tile for about 5-10 minutes to ensure you get the most out of them.
- Use the power of heat – Using heat can be a great method to get rid of even the toughest of stains. The best part is that you don’t need to use any type of fancy tools or equipment to get the job done. You can simply set the faucet to run on the hottest temperature setting and let it fill the bathtub and sink until the hot water reaches a couple of inches. Next, you just have to splash some hot water on the unclean areas of the bathroom tile and let the heat work on those troublesome spots for a few minutes. Then, simply drain the hot water and clean the bathroom tiles as usual. Using an alkaline cleaner can improve the effectiveness of the cleaning due to the added heat.
- Follow the best bathroom cleaning practices – Even when you sweep and mop the bathroom tiles regularly, you would notice the accumulation of hair and debris around bathroom tiles after a few weeks. These can only be removed via powerful suction vacuums and special cleaners.
You should be careful while scrubbing your bathroom tiles. Typically, bathroom tiles tend to be solid and vary in hardness, but the grout tends to be porous. Thus, it’s important to use a non-abrasive scrubbing tool such as a non-scratch pad or a soft scrub brush to preserve the integrity of the bathroom floor.
Lastly, always ensure that you thoroughly rinse the cleaning chemicals off the bathroom tiles during each cleaning session since they can leave marks if not cleaned off properly.
Natural bathroom cleaner alternatives
Most cleaning products are not safe for children and pets since they can produce nasty fumes that are hazardous to your health. Fortunately, there are natural alternatives to chemical bathroom cleaners that are safer to use and work just as effectively. Here are a few listed below:
- Vinegar – Vinegar is widely used for cleaning due to its acidic nature. Simply mix water and white vinegar in a 1:1 ratio in a spray bottle and use the solution as needed to get rid of mold, mildew, and bacteria. With proper scrubbing, you can also get rid of water spots, soap scum, and mineral deposits as well.
- Salt – You wouldn’t believe the effectiveness of using salt to clean the wet areas in your bathroom until you see it in action. You can easily get rid of moldy areas in your bathroom by wiping the infected areas with a damp cloth, sprinkling some coarse salt onto the tiles, scrubbing the area after leaving the salt overnight.
- Baking soda – Baking soda is another common household item like vinegar that can be used regularly for doing some light cleaning of your bathroom tiles and other dirty areas. You simply need to dip a damp sponge into baking soda and use it to scrub the spots that you want to clean. Just ensure that you don’t use baking soda and vinegar at the same time.
Regular bathroom cleaning and maintenance are essential to keep your bathroom in good condition. Of course, it’s no small feat since bathrooms can get quite dirty after a while and it can take extra effort, special cleaning products, and more time to bring it back to hygienic condition. If you don’t want to go through the hassle of cleaning your bathroom, you can simply outsource the job to cleaning professionals. All you have to do is search “cleaning services near me” on Google and you would be able to get a list of details with the local cleaning professionals around your region.