Want to make your home look like it belongs in a magazine? You don’t need to break the bank to achieve an upscale look. With a few strategic changes prescribed by BoCo Interior Designs | Greenville & Upstate South Carolina, you can give your home a luxurious makeover that will impress your guests and increase its resale value.
How to make your home look more expensive with interior design:
- Stick to a neutral color palette. Incorporating too many colors can make a space feel busy and cluttered. A calm, neutral scheme will make your home feel sophisticated and inviting.
- Invest in quality furniture. Cheap furnishing will look just that – cheap. Opt for well-made pieces that will stand the test of time. Even if you can’t afford designer furniture, choose classic, timeless pieces over trendy items that will go out of style in a few years.
- Add button-tufted accents. Button-tufting is a luxurious detail often found on high-end upholstered furniture and window treatments. Adding this detail to your own furnishings can help create an air of luxury.
- Layer different textures. Create interest and depth in a room by layering different textures throughout. Include plush fabrics, smooth stone, and rich wood finishes to give the space a luxurious feel.
- Install statement lighting. Lighting can make a huge impact on the overall look of a room. Swap out your boring builder-grade light fixtures for more eye-catching options to add a touch of glamour.
- Accessorize with art. A few well-chosen pieces of art can make a big impact in any room. Choose pieces that complement your color scheme and furnishings to pull the whole look together.
- Bring in greenery. Houseplants are not only beautiful, but they can also help purify the air in your home. Place them throughout your space to add a touch of nature.
- Use mirrors to your advantage. Mirrors reflect light and make a space feel brighter and more open. Hang them opposite windows or in strategic places around the room to maximize their effects.
- Embrace metallics. Incorporating metallic accents can add instant glamour to any space. Use gold, silver, or copper to add a touch of luxury.
Design tips for small spaces:
When it comes to interior design, small spaces can be a challenge. How do you make a cramped room look and feel bigger and more inviting?
- First, stick to light, neutral colors for walls and floors. This will create the illusion of more space.
- Second, use mirrors to reflect light and make the room appear brighter and airier.
- Third, choose furniture with clean lines and avoid bulky pieces. And finally, declutter as much as possible.
Implement these tips and watch your home transform into a magazine-worthy showstopper. With a little effort, you can have the chicest house on the block – without breaking the bank.